Getting arrested in Massachusetts is never an easy thing, but getting arrested on a domestic assault charge is even more distressing. Thanks to the nature of the charges, if you’re convicted of domestic assault – even if it’s only your first time – you could be looking at extensive fines, an order of protection placed against you, and even jail time! That’s why, if you’re arrested for domestic assault, you need to contact the law offices of Rory Munns, Esq., to rigorously defend your rights and get you the justice you deserve.
As an attorney who has decades of experience working with all types of domestic assault defendants, Rory Munns, Esq., has earned a reputation for being a rigorous advocate who fights for – and gets – justice for his clients.
What are the consequences of a domestic assault conviction?
The consequences from these types of convictions can be dire. Depending on the nature of your crime, whether you’ve been charged with a misdemeanor or a felony, and whether this is your first time being arrested for a crime, you could be looking at the following consequences:
- A prison sentence that can last for several years.
- Statutory fines in the thousands of dollars.
- Restitution to your victim(s) that could range in the thousands of dollars, depending on the extent and nature of their injuries.
- Required enrollment in an anger management and/or domestic violence class.
- A suspension of your driver’s license for any reason whatsoever (meaning you won’t even be able to drive to work!)
- A no contact order (commonly referred to as a restraining order) put in place against you on your victim’s behalf (which can be devastating if you have children with the victim).
- Up to five years’ probation.
- If your assault involved sexual violence, you could be required to register as a sex offender, and this registration will follow you for the rest of your life, no matter which state you move to.
In short, getting convicted of a domestic assault can be devastating for your present, and for your future. That’s why you need to contact Rory Munns, Esq., the minute you’ve been arrested for such charges. Rory Munns, Esq., is pleased to offer a free, no obligation consultation to all his prospective clients to discuss the details of their case. For more information about us and our services, contact Rory Munns, Esq., today
, and find out for yourself why he’s the domestic assault attorney you can trust!