FALL RIVER DUI ATTORNEY
UMASS Dartmouth Criminal Defense
Are you a University of Massachusetts student? Were you arrested? UMASS Dartmouth criminal defense attorney Rory Munns can help. For over 15 years, Rory has been defending New England's accused. He will use his skill and experience to protect your rights.
Common College Charges
It is estimated that by the age of 23, one out of three people will be arrested. A college conviction is tragic, but not rare. A good UMASS Dartmouth criminal defense attorney can protect you from harsh consequences. Here are some typical college charges:
- Underage Drinking: Many college students get caught drinking before their 21st birthday. In the state of Massachusetts, it is illegal to buy, consume or possess alcohol if you are under the age of 21. However, there are exceptions to the law. During a free consultation, Rory Munns can tell you more about the best UMASS Dartmouth criminal defense strategy for you.
- DUI: DUI is one of the most common criminal charges for college students and older adults. The criminal penalties for a DUI could include jail time, fines and license suspension. Because Massachusetts aggressively prosecutes DUI charges, it is important to have an experienced attorney defending your rights.
- Drug Possession: College campuses are known for being a place where young adults experiment with drugs. Former presidents and presidential candidates had even admitted to trying marijuana when they were in college. Unfortunately for the students who get caught, you are now facing criminal drug charges. UMASS Dartmouth criminal defense attorney Rory Munns will defend your 4th amendment rights.
- Theft: Were you accused of stealing? Attorney Rory Munns has helped many clients fight theft charges. The penalties for theft depend on the dollar amount of items stolen and the way you stole them. Rory will provide you with personalized information during a free consultation.
- Hazing: Hazing has long been part of college fraternity tradition. However, the law has recently gotten involved. You now face criminal charges if accused of reckless initiation methods. Rory can help you fight hazing charges.
Criminal Conviction & Your Education
After a student is arrested, the authorities usually notify the University. College students have to deal with penalization from their University, as well as penalization from the government. Possible University penalties can include:
- Losing scholarships
- Being kicked off sports teams
- Receiving Suspensions or Expulsion
- Being kicked out of student housing